Friday, August 21, 2009

Hey, Have You Seen That New The Wolfman Trailer?


The trailer for The Wolfman is out and it looks awesome. When I heard Michelle Pfeiffer and Jack Nicholson were teaming up, like you I thought "Awesome! Catwoman vs. the Joker!". Then they throw in James Spader? Sign me up! What? Wait...what'd I say?

Oh...this is a different movie. Word. Anthony Hopkins is back reprising his role as Dr. Van Helsing in the new film The Wolfman. What? Not him? I don't understand...

Ok, I'm back. I've done a little research. This is a whole different movie. Apparently this is a trailer for another version of The Wolfman starring Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins and Teen Choice Award nominee Emily Blunt.

"Inspired by the classic Universal film that launched a legacy of horror, The Wolfman brings the myth of a cursed man back to its iconic origins. Oscar winner Benicio Del Toro stars as Lawrence Talbot, a haunted nobleman lured back to his family estate after his brother vanishes. Reunited with his estranged father (Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins), Talbot sets out to find his brother...and discovers a horrifying destiny for himself. Joe Johnston directs The Wolfman, and six-time Oscar®-winning special effects artist Rick Baker brings his design and makeup talents to transform Del Toro into the fearsome title character." Thanks Trailer Addict!

This trailer didn't quite sink its teeth into me. I was surprised to see they cast Benicio as Hopkins son...I know, in Barack Obama's America we don't see race, but this was slightly jarring as Benicio is one of the leading Latino actors of our generation and Anthony Hopkins is black. Maybe we'll see his mother in the film and all we be resolved. Aside from that it felt like your standard CG affair. There's some interesting werewolf transformation visuals but nothing revolutionary or mind blowing. Run of the mill. If I have my periods correct, I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes a little more. Judge for yourself, The Wolfman opens in theaters February 10th, 2010.



And now for some real werewolf action!

1 comment:

  1. I think Larry Talbot's mom in this one is played by Maria Conchita Alonso.

    ReplyDelete