Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hey Have You Seen That New The Box Trailer?




Here's the trailer to the upcoming film The Box. It stars Cameron Diaz, James Marsden, and 1/3 of Frank Langella's face. The Box is a film about married couple Diaz and Marsden who are going through tough economic times in the '70's. Just when it seems like they are at the end of their rope Frank Lagella's tore up face shows up with a small box and quite the offer. If they push the button on the box they will recieve $1 million dollars. Brilliant! The catch? Someone will die when they push the button. Do they push the button knowing someone is going to have to die in order for them to get out of their own hardships? If I was in this movie it would go like this:

1/3 of Frank Langella's Face: If you push the button you will recieve a million dollars but someone will--

Cut to me shoving Cameron Diaz out of the way then slamming down on the button. End credits roll.

It'd be an easy decision for me is all I'm saying. Especially if it could be someone I don't know. The scene could also go like this:

1/3 of Frank Langella's Face: If you push the button you will recieve a million dollars but someone somewhere will die.

Me: Actually 1/3 of Frank Langella's face, here's a list of some people who really don't deserve to be here. Take one of them, throw in an extra million, and I'll help you out with your face situation.

Cut to me shoving Cameron Diaz out of the way then slamming down on the button. End credits roll.

I liked just about everything I saw in this trailer. It's what I don't see that does not have me sold on it completely. The Box is directed by Richard Kelly who's first film was Donnie Darko (good but overrated) and who's second film was Southland Tales (I've been told it's not good and it was terribly rated). I'm going to see it regardless partly because I'm just happy at the fact that their is a scary movie coming out in October that doesn't have the word Saw and a Roman numeral in the title. The Box opens in theaters on October 30th, 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Cut to me pressing the button over and over again, rapid-fire.

    1/3 Frank Langella's face: No, it doesn't work that way. You don't get the money for every time you press it.

    Me: But someone still dies every time, right?

    1/3 Frank Langella's face: Well, yes.

    Me: Lemme just finish up here.

    Cut to me pressing the button a hundred more times.

    ReplyDelete