Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hey Have You Seen That New The Fourth Kind Trailer?




In the 1990's The X-Files pretty much swallowed the alien abduction subgenre whole but there is still a lot of room for a good story with this theme. For instance, I have yet to see a really good movie that exploits the horror aspect of these stories, with the possible exception of the very awesome last half hour of Fire in the Sky. Personally, these stories scare the crap out of me. The scariest book I have ever read was Budd Hopkins Intruders, a supposedly true story dealing with a long term abduction case in Indiana.

The Fourth Kind is an upcoming movie with Milla Jovovic in which she plays a psychiatrist (!) investigating UFOs in Nome, Alaska and the approach here is definitely horror but perhaps a little too sensational, post-Saw for my liking. The trailer reminds me of The Haunting in Connecticut, which is not really a good thing (Elias Koteas, it's time to get a new agent).

On the other hand, I've a real soft spot of Milla Jovovic ever since The Fifth Element and with a combination of Leeloo and aliens, I don't know how you can go wrong. Besides, I wonder how they will justify her getting naked in this one. I bet good money she wakes up on the side of the road with amnesia wearing nothing but Saran wrap and bits of aluminum foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment