Monday, December 7, 2009

The Jacksons...Are They Your Boys?


I have been on a Jacksons kick lately. Not a Michael Jackson kick. I've heard practically every Michael song there is. No I'm talking about The Jacksons. I know their hits but like every group there's always a song that comes out of the woodwork that makes me go "Who's this?" Then I put on my Indiana Jones outfit and I'm on the quest for the next great cut. This cut here is one of them. This is "Show You The Way To Go" performed in London circa 1979 on the Destiny Tour. I heard this song as part of the DJ Premier Michael Jackson tribute mix that Premier put out not long after Michael passed. The great thing about the mix is that it's predominantly Jackson 5/Jacksons material with some Michael solo cuts sprinkled throughout. If you can get your hands on that mix it will do you no harm. For now enjoy some of this right here. And hey give it up for the Jacksons for them space outfits. Those outfits are proof once again that every musician during the '70's was from Outta Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment