Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hey Have You Seen That New The Karate Kid Trailer?

If this movie is about Jaden Smith getting hit with a stick in different scenic backgrounds I will buy it on Bluray.


So in Hollywood's ongoing attempt to piss on my childhood they are remaking The Karate Kid. When I say "they" I mean Will Smith so that his son can star in it. You might remember Jaden Smith from his other remake, The Day the Earth Stood Still, in which he played That Kid That You Wanted To Punch In The Face.

"If someone doesn't shut this kid up I will blow the hell out this planet."

So now he is playing the old Ralph Machio part in the new movie, only this time it is set in China. And the mentor character is played by Jackie Chan, who teaches him Kung Fu. I don't know at what point Karate comes into it.


You know, I have to say, it actually doesn't look that bad. This could actually be a good English-language role for Jackie Chan as well. You'll remember that Pat Morita earned an Academy Award nomination for playing Mr. Miyagi back in 1984, so maybe Jackie Chan can finally get to show off his acting chops to an American audience.


Jaden Smith, in animated form.

No comments:

Post a Comment