Monday, November 23, 2009

2Pac...Is That Your Boy?


"And though I been around clowning with the Underground
I'm still down with my homies from the hometown.
And if you need, need anything at all, I'll drop it all for y'all
If my homies call."

I've never been the biggest 2Pac fan. I never claimed to be. If I had to listen to 2Pac I would definately choose his days with Digital Underground over his Death Row Dr. Dre days. I always found it hard to believe that he went from partying with Humpty Hump to living on Death Row. That's like being a Hobbit and growing up in the Shire and then you move to...fuck it you move to Compton. But I give credit when credit is due and 2Pac deserves credit for one of the best hooks on a 90's hip hop track. "If My Homies Call" is a cut. This is what I consider "Get Out My Way" music. That means if I hear this when you're around me get out my way because I'm gonna tear it up. This track has everything you want in a hip hop song, a hot beat and story telling lyrics to go. When that bass line kicks into that piano breakdown and vice versa well, it can't be faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment