Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey Have You Seen That New It Might Get Loud Trailer?


One of my favorite sites, CHUD, just posted this trailer and allow me to share it with you. It's the new trailer to It Might Get Loud. It stars Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. It's a documentary about the three of them sitting down with each other and telling their story about their love for the guitar. It's directed by David Guggenheim who also directed the documentary An Inconvenient Truth which I still haven't seen. But slow down! It's like the third or fourth movie coming up in my Netflix queue so I'll be knocking that one out soon enough.

This trailer looks great. We're going to get to see how each of them comes up with their own sound on the guitar, visit some of the locations of where Jimmy Page recorded tracks, and then we get to see all three of them jam together. I can't wait to see and hear that. What was that sound you just heard in the background? That was me slamming down my paper son cause I want a ticket to this on the quickness. It Might Get Loud arrives in theaters on August 14th.

BRETT: I just watched this trailer for the 2nd or 3rd time. I am genuinely excited about this movie. Each of these artists holds a special place in my heart (as I'm sure yours) for different times in my life. Jimmy Page... We all had our Zeppelin phase. Mine was in high school. First through Stairway to Heaven and IV, but slowly making my way up and around their canon of work. I've actually spent a good amount of time these past few weeks with II. A shockingly amazing album. The Edge. U2. The Unforgettable Fire was 8th grade for me. My first concert. The song Bad meant a lot to me. Boy, and War. They were just kids, making music that would last decades, and beyond. I like U2 a lot. They are the biggest rock band on the planet still making music, for good reason. Jack White. I didn't jump on the White Stripe bandwagon early on. I let it pass, and then, one day, I listened to everything they put out and I was floored. He's a force of nature. All his projects have his indelible mark on them and he surely merits being in the company of the other two. I can't wait to see this on a big screen, with loud speakers.



1 comment: