Tuesday, June 2, 2009

E3: The Last Guardian

Today at E3 Sony announced an upcoming game called The Last Guardian from the guys that brought us Shadow of the Colossus. I'm rarely impressed by game trailers because often enough you see more cinematic sequences than actual gameplay. I can't really tell with this one if it's gameplay or not. There's been a trend lately to do away with all the on screen information in video games in favor of leaving the screen clean. While the big talk is about XBOX's Project Natal, I think The Last Guardian seems really exciting. Coming to PS3's early next year perhaps.



Also check out Heavy Rain for the PS3 when you get a chance. Some other big announcements include The Beatles: Rock Band, which looks great judging by the trailer. The PSP GO, which is a redesign of the PSP and does away with UMD's and a PS3 motion control setup that looks like it's going to flush the Wii down the toilet. I'm glad I didn't buy one now, I'll just wait for the PS3 to release this.

Lastly...who changed the page to blue? Ooph.

1 comment: