Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Pics from The Book Of Eli

USA Today just posted these new pictures from the upcoming film The Book of Eli. The Book of Eli is the new movie directed by the Hughes Brothers and starring my boys Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman. The plot synopsis for the film is as follows: "In the post-apocalyptic world of The Book of Eli, civilization has collapsed and clean water has become the prime currency. Washington plays a survivor who must fend off gangs and a brutal tyrant in this desolate wasteland. Oldman will play the film's villain, a despot of a small and pathetic town, who's determined to get a hold of Eli's book, a book that may save Mankind.".

I love the visual style of a Hughes Brothers movie but I've never been a big fan of their story telling. Menace II Society seems so long ago that I just need to revisit that one again and get a fresh take on it. Dead Presidents is great to watch cause it has 1970's Scorcese visual style all over it but the story just felt off to me. From Hell is also visually exciting but I was bored by the story, annoyed by Heather Graham, and I figured out the mystery of the killer by way of my secret "The Gary Sinise in Ransom Theory". Ironically my favorite Hughes Brothers movie is American Pimp which is a documentary with not a lot of visual appeal but a great story to tell. I look forward to the trailer for this one to hit and you know where I'll be posting that as soon as it drops. The Book Of Eli arrives in theaters in January of 2010. You can find more information about The Book Of Eli including the teaser poster at this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Gary Oldman is mos def my guy.... "get me EVERYYOONNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary Oldman will get a spot in the Hall of Our Boys. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete