Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hey Have You Seen The New The Last Circus Trailer?



Well look at me being all fancy letting you know about a foreign movie. Keep looking. Keep looking. Hold up, let me strike another quick pose…..BLA-KOW! Alright stop looking. Stop! Now check out this trailer to the upcoming Italian film The Last Circus. What’s it about? What’s everything about when you boil right down to it? If you believe, like I do, what One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest mental patient Mr. Harding believes it’s about “…form. I’m talking about content! I’m talking about interrelationships. I’m talking about God! The Devil! Hell Heaven! Do you understand! Finally!!!” Say that shit Harding! Say it!

Watch this trailer and see if it’s not about all of those things as well as it’s about clowns, machine guns, knives, lips, more clowns, and silhouettes humping. I know this word gets thrown around a lot and overused but damn this trailer really does look beautiful. And what is it that works so well when you combine a really pretty moving song with just hardcore aggressive violent imagery? Is it like a really sweet ballet of sound and imagery? Wow. I sounded like a real uppity douche right there. Let me go back and read those last couple of lines again. Yep. A douche that is uppity. I like it. Word!

The Last Circus is directed by Alex de la Iglesia. I’m not familiar with his other work if he even has any. If he does let me know and I’ll check it out but I am looking forward to this when it’s released in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment