Monday, March 22, 2010

Hey! Have You Seen That New Old Clash Of The Titans Trailer?

If you're anything like me you are looking forward to the new Clash of the Titans movie and have excessively dry skin from the winter weather. As all of our readers know I'm an editor that works on stuff you've seen, so in an effort to learn a different editing application, I set out to recut the current badass Clash of the Titans trailer (version 2 to be specific, with the Kraken) using all the old footage from the original, and really, really bad 1981 movie, starring Harry Hamlin as Perseus and Laurence Olivier as Zeus. I know we all look back on the original COTT with fondness and warmth, but give it another shot. It was awful. Keep in mind that by 1981 we'd already been through a lot with the Corleone's, Luke has lost his hand and we were introduced to a scrappy fella' named Indiana. Good movies were being made in 1981. I guess no one told Desmond Davis.

So here is my interpretation of the new Clash of the Titans trailer with old footage. Hope you enjoy.



Here is my version of the trailer with the original as a Picture-In-Picture for comparison.



And here's the actual trailer for the new Clash of the Titans...which I think kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment